Data on Collembola work from articles, reports and dissertations in Côte d'Ivoire, Nigeria and Senegal.
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 273 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
KWADJO K E, KODJO A T T, BOLOU BI E (2023): Collembola occurrence data from three west african countries Côte d'Ivoie, Nigeria and Senegal. v1.0. Centre National de Floristique. Dataset/Occurrence. https://ipt-cotedivoire.gbif.fr/resource?r=collembola&v=1.0
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Centre National de Floristique. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 4.0 License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: 1164025b-0309-4ff7-a899-5411ddf9f7ea. Centre National de Floristique publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Participant Node Managers Committee.
- Metadata Provider
- Point Of Contact
Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal and Nigeria
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [5.441, -16.699], North East [24.687, 15.293]|
Entomobryidae, Bourleiellidae, Brachystomellidae, Entomobryidae, Hypogastruridae, Isotomidae, Katiannidae, Neanuridae, Odontellidae, Oncopoduridae, Onychiuridae, Orchesellidae, Paleotullbergiidae, Paronellidae, Poduridae, Sminthuridae, Sminthurididae Tullbergiidae
|Start Date / End Date||2005-01-01 / 2013-07-10|
This project proposal carried out in collaboration with the Centre National de Floristique of Félix HOUPHOUËT-BOIGNY will consist of acquiring data on soil biodiversity in natural ecosystems (forests and savannahs) as well as in agrosystems throughout the country. This data mobilization will be done through bibliographic research and meetings or exchanges with researchers in Côte d'Ivoire or border countries. This data mobilization will focus on soil fauna and flora, soil properties and nature, climate and land use. The acquired data will then be published in order to deduce the major interactions between soil properties and land use and soil biology on the one hand, and between soil biodiversity and ecosystem functions on the other hand.
|Title||Global soil Biodiversity Initiative|
|Funding||Colorado State University|
|Study Area Description||Project will focuses on Côte d'Ivoire with potential extension to Mali, Burkina Faso and Senegal. Côte d'Ivoire is located in Africa between 4° and 10° north latitude.|
|Design Description||Several data are available on the animal kingdom in Côte d'Ivoire. However, data published by Ivorian researchers on taxa such as Fungi, Archaea, Bacteria, Chromista, Protozoa and viruses are rare (https://www.gbif.org/country/CI/publishing ). Several research projects have been carried out on soil fauna, but very little information is available on the GBIF portal. This project will make it possible to fill this information gap and to enrich the occurrence data and the thematic of the soil fauna observed on the GBIF portal.|
The personnel involved in the project:
- Principal Investigator
Mobilization of biodiversity data from scientific publications (articles, dissertations and reports).
|Study Extent||Differents regions and agroecosystems.|
|Quality Control||After data entry, a taxonomic correction is made using the GBIF API software. For the geolocation of species, the geolocate software was used to determine the geographical coordinates.|
Method step description:
- Initially, the mobilisation, then the extension of good practices in mobilizing and digitizing. Finally publication on GBIF portal.
|Collection Name||Centre National de Floristique|
- Njila H. L., Mwansat G. S., Imandeh G. N. and Ombugadu A. (2014). Soil Microarthropod Biodiversity Along the Bank of River Benue in Adamawa State North-Eastern Nigeria. Nigeria Journal Experimental Applied Biology, 15: 5 - 15
- Rotimi, J., Agwu, E.J., El Bokl, M.M and Uwagbae M.A. (2014). Impact of age of crude oil spillage on arthropod diversity at varied soil depths in part of Niger Delta, Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Life Sciences, MS NO NJLS 14/012, 25p.
- Thibaud J-M. et Ndiaye B.A. (2006). Collemboles interstitiels des sables littoraux du Sénégal. Revue française d'Entomologie, 28 (1) :41-48.
- Uwagbae M.A., Rotimi J. and Agwu E.J. (2014). The pollution of a terrestrial ecosystem from hydrocarbon exploitation and its outcome on Collembola (Arthropoda: Insecta). Asian Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology Environmental Sciences, 16 (3) : 1-11
- Zon D.S., Thibaud, J.M. and Tano, Y. (2013). État des connaissances sur les Collemboles de Côte d'Ivoire (Afrique de l'Ouest) (Collembola). Russian Entomological Journal, 22 (2), 91–96.
- Zon D.S., Bedos A. and D'Haese C. (2015). Phylogeny of the genus Willemia (Collembola: Hypogastruridae) and biogeography of the W. buddenbrocki-group with description of a new species from Ivory Coast (western Africa). Zootaxa, 3980 (2): 230–240. https://doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.3980.2.4
- Zon, S.D., Tano, Y. and Deharveng, L. (2014). A new species of Furculanurida (Collembola: Neanuridae) from Ivory Coast, with comments on related genera. Zootaxa, 3878(5): 491–497. https://doi.org/10.11646/zootaxa.3878.5.8